Philip Morris International (PMI) offers a variety of quality, scientifically substantiated smoke-free products. Our goal is for smoke-free products to replace cigarettes one day.
- Smoking cigarettes cause serious diseases and is addictive. Without question, the best decision any smoker can make is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- Minors should not use tobacco or nicotine in any form.
- PMI’s smoke-free products are for adults who would otherwise continue to smoke or use other nicotine products.
- We do not sell PMI’s smoke-free products to people who have never used tobacco or nicotine products or who have quit using tobacco and nicotine products. Our smoke-free products are not alternatives to quitting and are not designed as cessation aids.
- PMI’s smoke-free products are not risk-free and contain nicotine, which is addictive.
- We support our adult smoke-free product users in their journey providing consultations and service.
- We provide consumers with all relevant safety information about our smoke-free products.
SAFETY WARNINGS & INSTRUCTIONS
Tobacco and Nicotine
- Heated tobacco products used with heating devices distributed by PMI contain nicotine, which is addictive.
- Heating devices distributed by PMI are not risk-free. The best way to reduce tobacco and nicotine-related health risks is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- Some nicotine-containing product users may experience abdominal pain, chest pain, choking sensation, cough, difficulty breathing, dizziness, dry mouth, dry throat, gingivitis, headache, malaise, nasal stuffiness, nausea, mouth irritation, palpitations, throat irritation, and vomiting.
- Nicotine-containing products should not be used by people who have or are at risk of heart disease, are diabetic, are epileptic, or are experiencing seizures.
- Nicotine-containing products should not be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or think you may be pregnant, you should quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- Stopping smoking or switching to heating devices distributed by PMI and their respective heated tobacco products, or other nicotine-containing products may require the adjustment of the dosing of certain medicines (e. g. theophylline, clozapine, ropinirole).
- If you have questions whether you should use heating devices distributed by PMI given an existing health condition, consult a health care professional.
Use of heated tobacco products
- Use tobacco heating system with heated tobacco products specifically designed for that particular system.
- Do not modify tobacco heating devices and heated tobacco products in any way or add any substance to heated tobacco products. Doing so may result in injury.
Prior to the use of a product, users should read the full Safety Warnings & Instructions, which contain important safety information about the use of the product.
Heating devices distributed by PMI, including holders, contain a lithium-ion battery. It is a consumable component that degrades with usage and age. This is a natural process common to all rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. As the battery ages, the active ingredients inside the battery become less capable of retaining energy, resulting in a permanent decrease in maximum battery capacity and usable energy. In addition, the active ingredients become less effective in delivering energy, resulting in a decrease in the battery’s ability to provide sufficient power for electronic device components. As a result, the duration of experience may appear to be shorter, the number of puffs or experiences with one full charge may appear to be fewer, the second consecutive use might be shorter or missing, or some device features, such as auto-start, may not perform.
The battery is a chemical system that requires certain temperature ranges during charge and discharge to work optimally and minimize battery capacity degradation over its lifetime. Although your device has a specific operating range within which it will function, operating at the extreme ends of this range will degrade your battery faster. Your system comes with customized software to control the charging parameters in order to maximize the life of your device. These algorithms can support the longevity of your battery life, but they can still never fully mitigate the normal aging mechanisms of lithium batteries. High and low temperature operation of your device will accelerate the natural degradation of your battery. Even if you do not use your device, the batteries contain chemical systems which can still degrade over time. To slow the battery degradation process, we recommend charging your device within the recommended temperature zone, not keeping it discharged for long periods of time and using the charging cables and power adaptors that come together with the device as per user guides.
Please read more important information in FAQ here.